- Home >
- Jobs >
- CNA Jobs >
CNA Jobs in ME
Maine is the largest of the six New England states in the area, located in the northeast corner of the country. Its total area, of which about 2,300 square miles (6,000 square kilometers) is inland waters, is almost half the total area of New England. Maine is bordered to the northwest and northeast by the Canadian provinces of Quebec and New Brunswick, respectively, and to the west by New Hampshire. The famous rocky coast of the state stretches from the southwest to the northeast along the Atlantic Ocean.
Maine joined the Union on March 15, 1820, as the 23rd state; its capital was Augusta. The Algonquian-speaking peoples living in the area call it “The Land of Frozen”, and there are two theories about the origin of the state’s English name: it was named after the former French state of Maine, so it was named after the “mainland”. Non-offshore island naming. Maine is the most sparsely populated state east of the Mississippi River.
More than four-fifths of its total area is covered by forests. Maine is an economically depressed state by most statistics, but its rugged beauty, challenging climate and landscape, and the character of its people give Maine an importance that goes beyond its economic and political means. Limited economic growth helps preserve much of its natural appearance. Since 1970, however, one-third of the state’s southern coastal counties have experienced accelerated growth, increased housing and business development, and higher incomes.
Maine’s economy is increasingly reliant on services, while traditional paper and paper products industries have declined. Fisheries, forestry, mining, and agriculture are the second most important sectors. Thus, the state embodies an increasingly complex national choice between maintaining environmental quality and potential economic growth.
Top CNA Schools
Eastern Maine Community College
Eastern Maine Community College, a public, two-year, post-secondary educational institution, was originally chartered in 1966 under the name Eastern Maine Vocational Technical Institute. The college has 4 campuses in total: Bangor (main campus), Dover-Foxcroft, Ellsworth, and East Millinocket. EMCC also maintains specialized facilities like the Advanced Technology Center, the Homestead Farm Center, and the Wood Resources Processing Center.
Washington County Community College
Founded in 1969, Washington County Community College is a 2-year community college located in the city of Calais, in Washington County. WCCC represents one of seven community colleges that comprise the Maine Community College System.
Maine College of Health Professions
Maine College of Health Professions was established as a diploma granting institution in 1891 under the name Central Maine General Hospital Training School. Located in the township of Lewiston, in the central region of Maine, MCHP offers its students the opportunity to become Certified Nursing Assistants with proper certification. MCHP's CNA program seeks to impart the knowledge and clinical skills necessary for students before they can acquire CNA certification.
- Top 10 Mental Health Resources Nurses Should Know About Jul 1, 2022 Truth: We are all ready to put the world-wide pandemic behind us. Although it’s tough to stomach another article talking...
- Understanding Nurses’ Personality Traits Jul 1, 2022 Change starts with awareness. Even though our personalities are aspects of ourselves that we are for the most part stuck...
- Per Diem Nursing in Hospitals vs Long-Term Care Jun 30, 2022 Two organizations that commonly have per diem nursing shifts are hospitals and long-term care facilities. As a nurse considering PRN...
- Find PRN Jobs in Tucson Arizona Today for Healthcare Workers Jun 30, 2022 As we continue to grow and evolve as people within the world itself, plenty of jobs are opening due to...
- How to Transition from CNA to RN Jun 30, 2022 There are many ways to enter the nursing field; whereas many begin bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) programs straight...
Download the Nursa™ App for iPhone or Android Today