- Home >
- Jobs >
- CNA Jobs >
CNA Jobs in OK
Oklahoma is bordered by Colorado and Kansas to the north, Missouri and Arkansas to the east, Texas to the south and west, and New Mexico to the west of the Panhandle region. On its land and among its people, Oklahoma is a state of conflict and surprise. The landscape ranges from rolling wooded hills in the east to treeless high plains stretching from the Panhandle to Texas and New Mexico. East-central Oklahoma is dominated by the plains of the Arkansas River, which extends from Colorado and Kansas, and the Red River, which forms nearly all of its southern border with Texas. The capital is Oklahoma City, near the center of the state.
The word Oklahoma comes from two Choctaw words: okla, “people” and humma, “red.” In the 19th century, the future state was emblematic of one of the most ignominious chapters in American history, known as Indian Territory, a dumping ground for eastern Indian tribes displaced by settlers’ growing scarcity of land.
However, since its admission in 1907 as the 46th state of the Union, Oklahoma has achieved an integration of its Native American citizens into modern economic and social life that is perhaps unmatched by any other state. There is no reservation in the common sense of the Indian population. Although poverty is prevalent among them, many Oklahoma Indians have risen to prominence, and the distribution of income among the tribes has allowed many others to share in the enormous wealth that the oil resources have brought to the state. Once mostly agricultural — and where John Steinbeck filmed The Grapes of Wrath — the Dust Bowl — Oklahoma now has hundreds of lakes, many man-made, and an increasingly diverse economy where tourism is always more important.
The mores of the Deep South persist in the customs and attitudes of southern Oklahoma—”Little Dixie”—despite the decline in cotton production. However, the customs of northern grain farmers largely reflect their Kansan origins.
Top CNA Schools
CNA Training Academy Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma-based CNA Training Academy is a private educational institution that is certified by the Oklahoma Department of Health. The institution specializes in training future CNAs through its Certified Nursing Assistant program, which comprises 96 total contact hours. Of that 96 hours, 72 are dedicated to classroom lecture and discussion, and 24 are dedicated to a clinical skills externship. This program is offered during daytime and evening hours, and only takes three weeks to complete.
Francis Tuttle Technology Center
The Francis Tuttle Technology Center provides a variety of training programs in a number of occupations and technologies, ranging from welding to culinary arts. FTTC is part of the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education, and serves the educational needs of adults in continuing education as well as high school students. It maintains three primary campuses that are located in Portland, Reno and Rockwell. It also operates two additional satellite campuses in Edmond and northwest Oklahoma City.
Wes Watkins Technology Center
Wes Watkins Technology Center is a technology and career education institution that’s located in the small town of Wetumka, in Hughes County. WWTC is a member of the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education system. WWTC offers students a state approved CNA (Long Term Care Nurse Aide) program that’s comprised of 96 total hours of instruction.
- Top 10 Mental Health Resources Nurses Should Know About Jul 1, 2022 Truth: We are all ready to put the world-wide pandemic behind us. Although it’s tough to stomach another article talking...
- Understanding Nurses’ Personality Traits Jul 1, 2022 Change starts with awareness. Even though our personalities are aspects of ourselves that we are for the most part stuck...
- Per Diem Nursing in Hospitals vs Long-Term Care Jun 30, 2022 Two organizations that commonly have per diem nursing shifts are hospitals and long-term care facilities. As a nurse considering PRN...
- Find PRN Jobs in Tucson Arizona Today for Healthcare Workers Jun 30, 2022 As we continue to grow and evolve as people within the world itself, plenty of jobs are opening due to...
- How to Transition from CNA to RN Jun 30, 2022 There are many ways to enter the nursing field; whereas many begin bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) programs straight...
Download the Nursa™ App for iPhone or Android Today