CNA Jobs in ME
Maine is the largest of the six New England states in the area, located in the northeast corner of the country. Its total area, of which about 2,300 square miles (6,000 square kilometers) is inland waters, is almost half the total area of New England. Maine is bordered to the northwest and northeast by the Canadian provinces of Quebec and New Brunswick, respectively, and to the west by New Hampshire. The famous rocky coast of the state stretches from the southwest to the northeast along the Atlantic Ocean.
Maine joined the Union on March 15, 1820, as the 23rd state; its capital was Augusta. The Algonquian-speaking peoples living in the area call it “The Land of Frozen”, and there are two theories about the origin of the state’s English name: it was named after the former French state of Maine, so it was named after the “mainland”. Non-offshore island naming. Maine is the most sparsely populated state east of the Mississippi River.
More than four-fifths of its total area is covered by forests. Maine is an economically depressed state by most statistics, but its rugged beauty, challenging climate and landscape, and the character of its people give Maine an importance that goes beyond its economic and political means. Limited economic growth helps preserve much of its natural appearance. Since 1970, however, one-third of the state’s southern coastal counties have experienced accelerated growth, increased housing and business development, and higher incomes.
Maine’s economy is increasingly reliant on services, while traditional paper and paper products industries have declined. Fisheries, forestry, mining, and agriculture are the second most important sectors. Thus, the state embodies an increasingly complex national choice between maintaining environmental quality and potential economic growth.
Top CNA Schools
Eastern Maine Community College
Eastern Maine Community College, a public, two-year, post-secondary educational institution, was originally chartered in 1966 under the name Eastern Maine Vocational Technical Institute. The college has 4 campuses in total: Bangor (main campus), Dover-Foxcroft, Ellsworth, and East Millinocket. EMCC also maintains specialized facilities like the Advanced Technology Center, the Homestead Farm Center, and the Wood Resources Processing Center.
Washington County Community College
Founded in 1969, Washington County Community College is a 2-year community college located in the city of Calais, in Washington County. WCCC represents one of seven community colleges that comprise the Maine Community College System.
Maine College of Health Professions
Maine College of Health Professions was established as a diploma granting institution in 1891 under the name Central Maine General Hospital Training School. Located in the township of Lewiston, in the central region of Maine, MCHP offers its students the opportunity to become Certified Nursing Assistants with proper certification. MCHP's CNA program seeks to impart the knowledge and clinical skills necessary for students before they can acquire CNA certification.
- Associates Degree vs. Bachelor’s in Nursing Aug 12, 2022 You know you want to work as a nurse, and you might even have an idea of what type of...
- You Don’t Have to Be a Travel Nurse to Travel Aug 12, 2022 Is the ability to travel one of your top considerations when choosing a career path? Is your bucket list essentially...
- Self-Care Tips for Nurses: Taking Care of Yourself First Aug 11, 2022 In a profession based on caring for others, it can be hard finding the time to take care of yourself....
- Nurses Are in High Demand in Nursing Homes Aug 11, 2022 Elderly care is a system that our older generation needs and deserves. But with a critical nursing shortage occurring within...
- Make Friends as a PRN Nurse Aug 11, 2022 Being a professional nurse is regarded by many as one of the most rewarding careers in the field of healthcare....