LPN Jobs in IN
Indiana is the 38th largest of the 50 U.S. states by total area, but claims to be the smallest state west of the Appalachians. Its boundaries are formed by Lake Michigan and the Ohio River in the north, Kentucky in the south, Illinois in the west, and the Ohio River in the northeast corner. It is an important part of the American Midwest. The origin of the name Indiana is generally thought to mean “Indian land,” but some scholars dispute this, claiming it’s an abbreviation for “Ile d’Inde” or “Island in the Miami language.”
The state ranks 38th in total area and 21st in population density of all U.S. states, making it one of the most populous states in the country. Its cities are mostly on or close to a square grid, surrounded by rural areas and industrial cities. The state is divided into 92 districts; the seven most populous are Allen, Elkhart, Lake, Marion, Allen and Hamilton.
The highest point in the state is Hoosier Hill in Wayne County, at 1,257 feet (383 m) above sea level, while the lowest point is near Indiana Harbor, just 15 feet (4.6 m) below sea level. Several large lakes are part of Indiana’s geography, including Lake Michigan, Lake Monroe, and Lake James in the north, which are part of the St. Joseph River and Lake Evans watershed in Noble County. The deepest point in the state is Blue Spring, at 1,436 feet (438 m) deep, nearly as deep as the other 49 states combined. Indiana has several metropolitan areas and cities. The largest and most populous is the Indianapolis metropolitan area with a population of 2,811,243.
In 2011, 34% of Indians were under 18 and 9.3% were over 65, but these rates are expected to drop sharply by 2040 due to immigration and higher birth rates than currently observed.
Top LPN Schools
Ivy Tech – Terre Haute
Ivy Tech is the largest post-secondary educational institution in the state. Moreover, it is the largest singly-accredited statewide community college in the whole country.
Ivy Tech – Lafayette
Ivy Tech trains the students in diverse careers and fields that contribute to the growth of the community’s economy.
Ivy Tech – Bloomington
GateWay Community College (GCC) is located in Phoenix, Arizona. GCC focuses on enhancing the professional and clinical skills of the nursing aspirants. Small to large classrooms and regular to online courses contribute to the college's overall workforce development.
Vincennes University (VU) was founded by William Henry Harrison in 1801. It is a premier transfer institution and pioneer in innovative learning. VU provides the student-centered environment and the best educational opportunities.
- How to Transition from Full-Time to Per-Diem Nursing Jan 10, 2023 Are you a nursing professional curious about what working per diem as a nurse would be like? Or, maybe you...
- Celebration of Life Month 2023 Jan 9, 2023 Many consider January a month of new beginnings and an ideal time to start off on the right foot. January...
- 2023 Tips on New Year’s Resolutions for Nurses Jan 5, 2023 As the rush of the holidays begins to wane, many of us will take a deep sigh of relief and...
- Should I Work in a Skilled Nursing Facility? Dec 28, 2022 If your goal is to get patients who need rehabilitative care back up and into their useful, active lives, then skilled nursing is for...
- What is a Licensed Practical Nurse, and What Does an LPN Do? Dec 27, 2022 The world of healthcare has a wide variety of job opportunities to choose from, depending on what you are looking...