RN Jobs in Hillsboro, OR
Registered Nurses (RNs)
A registered nurse is a trained nursing professional who helps doctors in surgery by monitoring vital signs and administering medication. RNs are responsible for the welfare of their patients, who are usually in hospitals, nursing homes, private clinics, or doctors' offices. When caring for patients, an RN determines which treatments are needed to help the patient heal or ease symptoms.
Nurses use a variety of diagnostic tools and medical equipment to assess a patient's health. Nurses also manage a patient's hygiene, including changing dressings and catheterization. Nurses may work at a private clinic or doctor's office or in a hospital setting where they spend time performing duties such as taking vital signs, monitoring intravenous therapy, operating diagnostic equipment like x-ray machines and monitoring patients who are on ventilators. Nurses also assist with surgery and provide bedside care.
RNs work long hours, including nights, weekends and holidays. RNs are required to have an RN license before practicing in the United States. RN licenses are regulated by the NLC (National League for Nursing) which is responsible for setting RN standards and requirements for RN licensure.
Hillsboro is the fifth-largest city in the US state of Oregon and the county seat of Washington County. Located in the Tualatin Valley on the west side of the Portland metropolitan area, the city is home to many high-tech companies such as Intel, known locally as Silicon Forest.
River transport along the Tualatin River was part of the Hillsborough settler economy. Railroads arrived in the area in the early 1870s, and about 40 years later, intercity electrified railroads arrived. Before the rise of high-tech companies in the 1980s, these railroads and highways caused the city's population to grow slowly, from about 2,000 by 1910 to about 5,000 by 1950. As of the 2020 census, the city's population was 106,447.
For thousands of years, the Atfalati Kalapuya tribe inhabited the Tualatin Valley near the next Hillsborough site. The Pacific-influenced climate makes the area suitable for fishing, hunting, gathering and farming. Settlers established a community here in 1842, which was later named after Oregon statesman David Hill.
The City of Hillsboro has a city council government consisting of a city administrator and a city council headed by the mayor. In addition to high-tech industries, industries important to Hillsborough's economy are healthcare, retail and agriculture, including vineyards and wineries. The city has more than 20 parks, Hillsboro Stadium and 10 city landmarks listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP). Transportation options include private cars, public buses and light rail, as well as planes using Hillsborough Airport.
- Nursa Community: A Place To Make Connections and Feel Supported Sep 26, 2022 How do you connect with other nurses outside of your shift? As a registered or licensed practical nurse (RN/LPN) or...
- How to Become an IT Nurse? Sep 25, 2022 Have you considered specializing in healthcare informatics? If so, a job as an IT nurse may be well-suited for you....
- Nursing Care Models: Primary, Individual, and Team Nursing Sep 23, 2022 Nursing care models are frameworks that outline and organizes a nurse’s scope of care. It guides nurses in the implementation...
- Nurse Student Loan Forgiveness and the PSLF Limited Waiver Sep 22, 2022 The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program has been around for a while. Initiated in 2007, the program was created...
- How to Choose a Hospital to Work for as a Registered Nurse Sep 22, 2022 A career in nursing is one of the noblest and most rewarding professions out there according to numerous nurses. In...