RN Jobs in Murray, UT
Registered Nurses (RNs)
An RN or registered nurse is a trained nursing professional who assists doctors in surgery by monitoring vitals and administering medication. RNs are responsible for the welfare of their patients in hospitals, nursing homes, private clinics and doctors' offices. An RN determines which treatments are needed to heal or ease symptoms when caring for patients.
An RN uses various diagnostic tools and medical equipment to assess a patient's health. RNs also manage the hygiene of patients, including changing dressings and catheterization. RNs may work at a private clinic or doctor's office or in a hospital setting where they spend time performing duties such as taking vital signs, monitoring intravenous therapy and operating diagnostic equipment like x-ray machines. RNs also monitor patients who are on ventilators, assist with surgery and provide bedside care.
RNs work long hours, including nights, weekends and holidays. RNs are required to have an RN license before practicing in the United States. RN licenses are regulated by the NLC (National League for Nursing) which is responsible for setting RN standards and requirements for RN licensure.
Murray City, Salt Lake County, North Central Utah, USA, on the Jordan River, near the Wasatch Mountains. Founded in 1847 by Mormons, it is named after Eli H. Murray, governor of Utah from 1880 to 1886. It is now a suburb of Salt Lake City and is also irrigated for produce (beets, alfalfa, and potatoes). The expansion of the Union Pacific Railroad (1870) in the area promoted the development of Murray as a smelting center for nearby mining operations and a regional brick factory.
- Nursa Community: A Place To Make Connections and Feel Supported Sep 26, 2022 How do you connect with other nurses outside of your shift? As a registered or licensed practical nurse (RN/LPN) or...
- How to Become an IT Nurse? Sep 25, 2022 Have you considered specializing in healthcare informatics? If so, a job as an IT nurse may be well-suited for you....
- Nursing Care Models: Primary, Individual, and Team Nursing Sep 23, 2022 Nursing care models are frameworks that outline and organizes a nurse’s scope of care. It guides nurses in the implementation...
- Nurse Student Loan Forgiveness and the PSLF Limited Waiver Sep 22, 2022 The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program has been around for a while. Initiated in 2007, the program was created...
- How to Choose a Hospital to Work for as a Registered Nurse Sep 22, 2022 A career in nursing is one of the noblest and most rewarding professions out there according to numerous nurses. In...