RN Jobs in San Antonio, TX
Registered Nurses (RNs)
A registered nurse is a trained nursing professional who helps doctors in surgery by monitoring vital signs and administering medication. RNs are responsible for the welfare of their patients, who are usually in hospitals, nursing homes, private clinics, or doctors' offices. When caring for patients, an RN determines which treatments are needed to help the patient heal or ease symptoms.
Nurses use a variety of diagnostic tools and medical equipment to assess a patient's health. Nurses also manage a patient's hygiene, including changing dressings and catheterization. Nurses may work at a private clinic or doctor's office or in a hospital setting where they spend time performing duties such as taking vital signs, monitoring intravenous therapy, operating diagnostic equipment like x-ray machines and monitoring patients who are on ventilators. Nurses also assist with surgery and provide bedside care.
RNs work long hours, including nights, weekends and holidays. RNs are required to have an RN license before practicing in the United States. RN licenses are regulated by the NLC (National League for Nursing) which is responsible for setting RN standards and requirements for RN licensure.
About San Antonio
McCarran is the largest city in Hidalgo County, Texas, and the 21st most populous city in Texas. It is located in the southern part of the state, near the Rio Rio Grande Valley in Mexico. It extends south to the Rio Rio Grande, opposite the city of Reynosa, Mexico.
McCarran is about 110 kilometers west of the Gulf of Mexico. In 2019, McCarran's population was estimated at 143,268 people. It is the fifth most populous metropolitan area in Texas (McAllen-Edinburgh Mission), with nearly 1.52 million people living in the Reynosa-McAllen twin metropolitan area.
Bicentennial Bikeway runs from Highway 83 on the south side to Bicentennial and Trenton Roads on the north side. The International Museum of Art and Science, an affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution, is an AAM-accredited museum established in 1967, located off the trailhead at the corner of Bicentennial and Nolan Avenues.
Zinnia Spray Water Park is McAllen's first water park. It is located between 29th Street and Zinnia Avenue. Palm View Golf Course is located on South Ware Road, south of Highway 83.
The golf course has 18 holes and a driving range. This course hosts numerous tournaments throughout the year. Dog owners have a place to keep their pets at McAllen Dog Park, which is divided into two parts.
Since settlement in 1904, the area around McCarran has been largely rural and agricultural in nature, but grew steadily over the second half of the 20th century and continued into the 21st century in the metropolitan area. The introduction of the mill economy and NAFTA has led to increased cross-border trade with Mexico.
Birdwatching - McAllen is located on a major transit route, a bird migration route between North and South America, providing an opportunity for bird and butterfly expeditions. The landscape is home to a diverse population of wildlife. La Quinta Mazatlan, a historic Spanish colonial home, is used by McAllen as a wing of the World Birdwatching Center.
- Health Insurance for Full-Time Contract Nurses Jan 13, 2023 If you’re a contract or per diem nurse, you’ll likely have to navigate getting health insurance. Having health insurance as...
- How to Become a Top Healthcare Facility Jan 13, 2023 Becoming a top healthcare facility is key to ensuring patients are well taken care of and that facilities retain nurses...
- How to Transition from Full-Time to Per-Diem Nursing Jan 10, 2023 Are you a nursing professional curious about what working per diem as a nurse would be like? Or, maybe you...
- Tax Filing as a Self-Employed PRN Nurse: What You Need to Know Jan 9, 2023 No one loves filing their taxes. It can be stressful and time-consuming, and if you owe anything, it’s never fun...
- Celebration of Life Month 2023 Jan 9, 2023 Many consider January a month of new beginnings and an ideal time to start off on the right foot. January...