RN job in Loxahatchee, Florida | Operating Room
There's currently no openings at this facility. Would you like to be notified when there are jobs here?
Clinicians Love Picking Up Per Diem Jobs in the Sunshine State
Our PRN nurse app makes finding and landing per diem nursing jobs a legitimate addition to advancing your career. Never thought of PRN jobs as a boost to your professional resume? Read our in-depth article that explains what per diem nursing is and how it can benefit your life and your career, “What is a PRN Nurse? Benefits of Working Per Diem Shifts“.
PRN is the medical abbreviation for pro re nata, which means as needed or on-demand. Nursa™ provides staffing solutions to facilities near you who need registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses (LPNs), and certified nursing assistants (CNAs) to fill shift gaps, and by doing so provides you with a platform in which you have control over where and when you pick up PRN shifts.
Florida is unique to many other states of our nation in that its population consists of large communities of baby boomers. Baby boomers en-mass means lots of medical facilities and CNA, RN, and LPN job opportunities in Florida for the nursing industry.
Why Nursa™ Clinicians Like Working PRN Jobs in Florida
High-paying jobs in the state of Florida aren’t the only reason our clinicians fall hard for life in Florida. To start, the very mild winters that attract baby boomers also benefit all Florida residents. Beautiful beaches, countless amusement parks, a variety of water sports, and a lower cost of living than California combine to make Florida life very attractive indeed. Common free time activities include:
- Scuba Diving
- Cultural Arts Events
Major Florida attractions include:
- The Florida Keys and Key West – These islands off the southern coast of the state are hugely popular. In large part, due to their famous coral reefs which can be explored scuba diving and snorkeling. Additionally, the islands have a more relaxed atmosphere that makes it a pleasurable escape from the rigors of daily life.
- Walt Disney World – You may consider this amusement park to be a favorite for families with young kids, but this world-class resort offers packages that appeal to all age ranges and interests.
- Canyons Ziplines and Adventures Park – Mainland Florida has a lot to offer residents as well. Zipline over a canyon in central Florida at speeds of up to 45 mph.
- Florida Caverns State Park – Get your hiking boots on and explore the state’s magical caverns in northern Florida.
- Bioluminescent Kayaking – Kayak the magical glowing waters of the Space Coast.
- Homosassa Springs State Park – This park and observatory is home to the endangered Manatees, they visit during the winter months, so plan accordingly.
Download Nursa™ Today and Find PRN Jobs in Realtime
Join our community of qualified clinicians who are benefiting their careers and their lives by working PRN shifts in the medical facilities of their communities. Create your professional portfolio, and apply directly within the app for the PRN shifts of your choosing. Get started right away!
Nursa™ Helps Perioperative Nurses Find Open PRN Shifts
The role of perioperative nurses (operating room nurses) is vital to the success of surgeries in hospitals and surgical centers. These facilities use Nursa™ to fill employment gaps for shifts and call-ins to avoid canceling or delaying necessary and sometimes emergency surgeries.
Some of the highest-paying RN jobs available are in the perioperative (OR) nursing specialty. Surgical teams require skilled perioperative nurses to assist during surgeries on the grounds that their role is so imperative and as such are in high demand. PRN shifts for the Operating Room are often some of the highest paying on Nursa™.
Where Do Perioperative Nurses Work?
OR nurses work wherever surgeries either major or minor are performed. This translates to a wide range of settings including in teaching hospitals, ambulatory or outpatient surgical units, children’s hospitals, advanced trauma centers, and even doctors’ offices.
What Does an OR Nurse Do?
OR nurses have a number of responsibilities however they are all focused upon one event: surgery. An OR nurse will assess and coordinate patient care prior to the surgery, they will assist the surgeons throughout the surgery. In addition, they carry the responsibility of preserving the integrity of a sterile operating room and monitor the patient’s vital signs throughout the operation. Moreover, they often liaison between the family and the surgical team and typically educate the patient and their family about aftercare when they go home.
Recommended Certifications for the Operating Room
To show hospitals, medical centers, and surgeons your dedication to the specialty, these certifications can boost your professional portfolio on our Nursa™ platform. Some of these certifications aren’t available until after you’ve gained some experience, while others will be a requirement.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR)
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM)
- Certified Registered Nurse First Assistant (CRNFA)
Key Characteristics of a Successful Perioperative Nurse
Interacting with clinicians of multiple disciplines engaged in the serious task of performing surgery requires confidence and the ability to communicate clearly even in a high tension atmosphere. Attention to detail is a crucial quality that serves to assess patients prior to surgeries, and monitor their vitals during surgeries; both situations that an unnoticed symptom or abnormality could prove dire. Moreover, critical thinking and an ability to assess and problem solve quickly are paramount in the operating room where every moment counts.