RN job in Valencia, California | Psychiatric Unit Nurse
There's currently no openings at this facility. Would you like to be notified when there are jobs here?
CNAs, LPNs, and RNs Enjoy Working PRN Jobs in the State of California
California has a reputation for its luxurious beachside homes, larger than life housewives, Hollywood movie stars, merciless wildfires, the towering sequoias, and some of the highest pay rates and salaries for certified nursing assistants (CNAs), licensed practical nurses (LPNs), and registered nurses (RNs).
PRN is the medical abbreviation for per diem, which means working on an as-needed basis, or on-demand. Nursa™ is the nurse staffing agency that has made finding those coveted high-income shifts easy for you, by making the entire process from searching the jobs to landing the jobs possible within our smartphone application. Download the app today and start browsing CNA, LPN, and RN jobs near you that are available in real-time.
PRN Nurses and CNAs Live It Up in California
The state of California is so big, it can hardly be described in a few adjectives. Moreover, its geography varies so greatly that said adjectives may be contradictory to each other based on where you reside. California has mountains, it has a barren desert, it has lush forests, and it has beaches. Wherever you live in the Golden State, there are countless activities and majestic sites to inspire and enliven you.
Regular free-time activities:
- Vineyards and wineries
- Rock climbing
- Scuba diving
It would be impossible to provide a comprehensive list of California’s star attractions but here’s a teaser to get you started:
- Alcatraz – Take a short cruise to visit the famous island prison also known as “The Rock”.
- Venice Beach – Join the thousands of people from around the world that visit Venice Beach daily and see the street performers, buy from the vendors, and try your skateboarding skills.
- Universal Studios Hollywood – Visit the theme park, catch a show, and arrange a run-in with your favorite character.
- San Francisco Ballet – Experience performance art by watching the exquisite dancers of San Francisco’s Ballet Company, founded in 1933.
- Lake Tahoe – California indeed has gorgeous ocean views, but Lake Tahoe’s beauty shouldn’t be overlooked. Rent a cabin or stay in a resort and enjoy all the fun a weekend at the lake has to offer.
- Getty Center – Architecture and art buffs will get lost visiting the Getty Center. Rotating exhibitions and community events make this center more than a one-time visit.
- Wine Country – Northern California is wine country, and home to more than just the two world-famous vineyards of Napa and Sonoma.
- Sequoia National Forest – Be humbled and awestruck by the towering power and beauty of the giant sequoias.
Nursa™ Makes Full-Time PRN Nursing Jobs in California a Dream Come True
California is a wonderful place that many call home and others dream to call it home. However, the cost of living and finding jobs can make it seem an impossible reality. Join the Nursa™ community and gain access to high paying PRN shifts and local travel nursing jobs across the state to make life in California your reality.
Behavioral Health Nurses Work Hard: Learn More About this Nursing Specialty
Psychiatric unit nurses encounter people with a wide variety of mental and behavioral disorders; including persons dealing with substance abuse, eating disorders, both temporary and chronic mental illnesses. They provide care for children, teens, and adults from all backgrounds, cultures, and socioeconomic statuses
Psychiatric units use Nursa™ as a nurse staffing solution to fill shift PRN jobs and cover for call-ins. Appropriate staffing levels in these facilities are integral to providing quality care, hence you can find RN jobs, LPN jobs, and CNA jobs for PRN shifts in a variety of settings on Nursa™.
Where Does a Psychiatric Unit Nurse Work?
Psychiatric hospitals, veterans hospitals, substance abuse hospitals, community mental health centers, correctional facilities, schools, rehabilitation centers, long-term-care centers among others, are all settings in which a psychiatric nurse may find PRN shifts through Nursa™.
What Does a Psychiatric Unit Nurse Do?
A behavioral health nurse is responsible for assessing the mental, emotional, and physical health of their patients. They collaborate with other clinicians and psychiatrists by providing information and documentation of observations on patient progress. Additionally, they determine when a patient is a danger to self or others which at times may include interventions or restraining techniques. Some psych nurses take on more of the role of advocacy as our society continues to grapple with the stigma that is unfortunately attached to mental health issues.
Recommended Certifications for Psychiatric Nurses
Nursing in the field of psychiatry may require some certifications, and employers may include others on a list of preferred. Some of these listed certifications would aide nurses who have an interest in sub-specializing. Be sure to make your current certifications a part of your digital portfolio on Nursa™ as they may also give you a competitive edge for the higher paying shifts.
- Basic Life Support
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI)
- Certified Addictions Registered Nurse (CARN)
- Correctional Behavioral Health Certification (CBHC)
- PMHCNS-BC Adult Psychiatric-Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist
- PMHCNS-BC Child/Adolescent Psychiatric-Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist
Crucial Qualities of a Successful Psychiatric Unit Nurse
Emotional resilience, compassion, and patience are key in the success of a behavioral health nurse due to the unfortunate fact that substance abuse issues, eating disorders, and mental illness are often issues that reappear over the span of a person’s life. It is not uncommon to have patients with dual diagnoses of substance abuse and mental illness therefore, strong critical thinking skills are required to address those complexities.