Per diem LPN jobs in Portland, Oregon
Pay: $29.00 - $35.00/hr
- Location: Portland, Oregon
- Shift time: Day, Night and Noc
- Start date: Oct 2021
Why We Pay $29.00 - $35.00/hr
At Nursa, we typically pay LPNs $29.00 - $35.00/hr , which is much higher than the national average of $23.47/hr*
US Average: $23.47/hr* x 40 hours = $938.80 per week
Nursa Starting At: $29.00/hr x 40 hours = $1,160.00 week
*According to 2020 Bureau of Labor Statistics
How It Works
When healthcare facilities can’t fill a shift internally, they post it to Nursa where you can pick up the shift and earn top pay.
Everyday, Nursa clinicians fill per diem LPN shifts for healthcare facilities throughout Utah and the United States. Apply now to see more available shifts and start filling your schedule.
- Top pay
- Paid weekly
- Work when, where and how much you want
- Work for yourself
Additional Job Details
- License: LPN
- Specialty: Multiply
- Type: Per Diem
- Start Date: Oct 2021
- Shift Time: Day, Night and Noc
- Shift Length: 8, 10 and 12 hours
- Address: Portland, Oregon
Why Do PRN Nurses Like Working in the Beaver State?
Oregon has long been a popular state for healthcare workers, including nurses. Snugly located in the Pacific Northwest region of the West Coast of the United States, Oregon is a state that draws in many people every year – some for a permanent situation, and others just to visit.
Along the northern border of Oregon, you will find the Columbia River which separates this state from neighboring Washington state just to the north. The Snake River delineates much of its eastern boundary with Idaho. No doubt, Oregon is a destination in the Northwest that draws the appeal of registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses (LPNs), and certified nursing assistants (CNAs). Keep reading to find out why, but first, let’s talk about PRN nursing jobs.
What Does PRN Mean?
Per diem, or sometimes just the acronym PRN, are both abbreviations of the Latin phrase “pro re nata” which means “if necessary” or “as needed”. Nurses and other healthcare workers who work PRN pick up a certain number of shifts or days at a time. If you would like to learn more about PRN nursing jobs, you can visit our blog where we share valuable information about working per diem.
Local Travel & PRN Nurses Pick Up Jobs in the State of Oregon
RNs, CNAs, and LPNs enjoy picking up jobs in Oregon for a variety of reasons, but the scenery is almost certainly at the top of anyone’s list. From the incredible views of the ocean to the majestic Mount Hood National Forest, Oregon is a state with hidden gems and natural wonders from one border to the next.
- Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area: This is one of the most famous national parks in the state of Oregon. Nurses enjoy visiting this place on their days off to enjoy the lovely waterfalls that are immersed in a setting of beautiful flora and fauna.
- Willamette Valley: Visit this region to sample some of the country’s very best wine, including pinot noir.
- Mount Hood: This mountain is actually a volcano and a year-round destination for tourists and visitors. If you visit Mount Hood in the winter months, you can enjoy some of the most breathtaking slopes at the skiing and snowboarding venues.
CNAs, RNs, & LPNs Find Jobs in Oregon with On-Demand Nurse Staffing App
Our nursing agency is not like other PRN staffing agencies you have heard about before. We operate in a way that is adaptable, from a mobile staffing application. Finally, nurses and clinicians who are looking to pick up some PRN shifts at a healthcare facility nearby can do so by simply downloading the app and applying for jobs through Nursa™.
Are you ready to advance your nursing career? Whether you want to make a full-time career out of PRN nursing or if you just want to pick up some extra shifts on the side to supplement your income, Nursa™ is your answer. Download it today.