Should You Attend Nursing Conferences 2023?
The answer is an unequivocal yes! Yes, you should attend a nurse conference in 2023 as time and money allow. And because we know your next question without you asking, we'll tell you why. Networking as a nurse can open doors to opportunities and relationships you might never have imagined, and the benefits go beyond job opportunities.
What are the Benefits of Connecting and Networking at Nursing Conferences?
Nurse conferences are excellent opportunities for nurses to experience, on a broader level, a sense of community and unity. Conferences bring clinicians from all walks of life, different geographic locations and settings, urban and rural, and varied educational backgrounds. They can help you step outside the challenges you face, talk to others in other settings dealing with something similar and share ideas and experiences.
Moreover, conferences bring forth new evidence-based practices and technologies, helping you stay current, earn continuing education hours, and provide a sense of hope and anticipation for the future in nursing, which sometimes gets bogged down in the day-to-day details.
We hope you share anticipation, camaraderie, knowledge, fun, socialization, and hope. But don't just take our word for it. Check one out and experience it for yourself. What value do you gain by attending one conference?
What nursing conferences held in 2023 should you consider attending? There are many to choose from, and the research can be overwhelming. Therefore, we've compiled a list of nursing conferences across the country. We hope you find one that piques your interest and is reasonable for you to attend.
Top Nursing Conferences 2023
32nd International Conference on Nursing & Healthcare - 2023
- When: February 20-21
- Where: Las Vegas, NV
- Registration: Register as a delegate to attend before December 27 for a discounted rate.
- Topic: "Exploring the New Ideas In Nursing and Health Care" session tracks cover the following:
- Importance and Scope of Nursing Education
- Current Trends In Nursing Practice
- Global Standards for Initial Education of Professional Nurses
- Nursing Leadership
- Clinical Nursing
- Women's Health Nursing
- Nursing Informatics
- Types of Nursing
- Midwifery & Women's Health
- Emergency & Trauma Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing
- Holistic Nursing
- Nursing Research
- Prevention And Control Of Communicable Diseases,
- Technologies in Nursing
- Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing
- Epidemiology & Public Health
- Evidence-Based Nursing Education And Practice
- Improving Patient Education Care & Outcomes
- Primary Healthcare Nursing
- Cardiac Nursing
National Conference on Wilderness Medicine - 2023
There are two locations and dates for this conference in 2023:
- When and Where: February 25- March 1 Big Sky Resort, Montana
- Register by calling 844-945-3263 or online here.
- When and Where: May 31- June 1, Santa Fe, NM
- Register by calling 844-WILDCME (844-945-3263) or online here.
- Topic: Program objectives include the following:
- Identify prevention and treatment of altitude illness based on an understanding of the underlying physiology
- Recognize and adequately manage frostbite in the field
- Identify and treat hypothermia in the field
- Identify fracture and dislocation in the wilderness
- Identify the pathophysiology and treatment of heat-related illness
43rd Annual Dialysis Conference - 2023
- When: March 3-6
- Where: Kansas City, MO
- Registration: Register here as an attendee.
- Topic: Program sessions cover topics such as the following:
- Fundamentals of dialysis in children
- Fundamentals of hemodialysis
- Home dialysis symposium
- Child life and dialysis
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Symposium on pediatric dialysis
47th Annual Research Conference - 2023
- When: March 29-April 1
- Where: Des Moines, Iowa
- Registration: Register before February 24 for early bird discounted rates.
- Topic: "The Critical Importance of Nursing Science and Implementation in a New Era" session objectives are the following:
- Examine innovative strategies to foster resilience and retention in nursing practice, education, and research.
- Identify new models of wellness and work environment innovations to support and strengthen healthcare members' mental and physical health.
- Explore legal and ethical implications of nursing practice and the impact on population health and nursing practice, research, and implementation.
- Disseminate nursing research that meets our new era's unique needs of theory and practice.
World Nursing Congress - 2023
- When: April 10-12
- Where: San Francisco, CA
- Registration: Register as a delegate to attend the conference; discounted rate applies for nursing students.
- Topics: Sessions will cover a wide range of nursing topics, including the following:
- Nursing Education and Research
- Nursing Administration & Teaching Strategies
- Healthcare and Nursing Management
- Nurse Practitioners
- Advanced Nursing Practice
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Critical Care and Emergency Nursing
- Role of Advanced Practice Nurse
- Public Health Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Surgical Nursing
- Advanced Clinical Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Cardiovascular Nursing
- Oncology and Clinical Nursing
- Midwifery and Pediatric Nursing
- Pediatric Intensive Care & Neonatal Intensive Care
- Gynecology Nursing
- Geriatric and Palliative Nursing
- Trauma and Critical Care Nursing
- Diabetes Nursing and Gastroenterology Nursing
- Legal Nursing
- Risk Factors in Nursing and Healthcare Professionals
51st Global Congress on Nursing Care and Research
- When: June 5-7
- Where: New York City, NY
- Registration: Register as a delegate to attend before January 15 for a discounted rate.
- Topic: "Nurses are the Hospitality of the Hospitals" with sessions covering the following topics
- Track 1: Healthcare
- Track 2: Nursing Practice
- Track 3: Nursing Education and Management
- Track 4: Cancer Nursing
- Track 5: Surgical Nursing
- Track 6: Pregnancy & Midwifery
- Track 7: Maternal and Neonatal Nursing
- Track 8: Pediatric Nursing
- Track 9: Adult Nursing
- Track 10: Travel Nursing
- Track 11: Nursing Informatics
- Track 12: Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing
- Track 13: Cardiovascular Nursing
- Track 14: Healthcare Companies
- Track 15: Emergency Nursing
- Track 16: Clinical Nursing
- Track 17: Urology Nursing
- Track 18: Nursing Types
Emergency Nursing - 2023
- When: September 21-24
- Where: San Diego, CA
- Registration: Discounted rates for the conference apply until December 31, 2022, register here.
- Topic: Details have yet to be announced.
International Conference on Forensic Nursing Science and Practice - 2023
- When: September 27-30
- Where: Phoenix, AZ
- Registration: Details still need to be published. Check the website periodically for updates.
- Topic: To be announced.
48th Annual Mayo Clinic Seminar for Nurse Anesthetists - 2023
- When: October 25-27
- Where: Rochester, MN
- Registration: Register online here.
- Topic: "Expert Mayo Clinic faculty provide an overview of the most recent advances in anesthesiology management, pharmacology, and wellness within the anesthesia community. Attendees leave with a better understanding of new research and current guidelines immediately applicable to clinical practice."
Put Nursing Conferences on Your Calendar and Save Money.
Be sure to check the conference details for accreditation information for continuing education credits, as some offer more than others. Most conferences provide a discounted price for early registration, so don't wait to put the one you want on your schedule!