Your Guide to CNA Jobs in Newark, New Jersey
Taking a giant leap in life can be intimidating. Moving to a new city can be even more daunting for those seeking greener pastures. However, for certified nursing assistants (CNAs) looking to make a move, opportunities abound in the state of New Jersey, especially in the bustling city of Newark.
Job Prospects for CNAs in Newark
With a population of nearly 285,000, Newark has grown into the largest city in New Jersey and a bustling epicenter of those seeking a healthcare career. The job prospects for CNAs are considerably high, given the large population and various medical facilities. In Newark, CNAs can expect to find a variety of different settings, including hospitals, long-term care facilities, assisted living facilities, skilled nursing facilities, and government facilities. These positions come with an average salary of $27,281 per year in Newark, which is comparable to the national average of $27,525.
How Much Do CNAs Earn in Newark?
The answer to this question depends on a few factors, including your experience level and the type of healthcare facility you work for. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average hourly wage for CNAs in New Jersey is $14.47. The highest-paid CNAs earn an average hourly wage of $23.42.
Advantages of Working in Newark as a CNA
Bringing a wealth of history, culture, art, and industry, Newark provides CNA professionals with a unique setting to launch their careers. Among the advantages of Newark are:
- Innovative and Advanced Medical Technology: Newark is home to several technologically advanced medical institutions that allow CNAs to gain valuable training and experience.
- Availability of New Opportunities: Newark has experienced significant population growth in recent years, which has opened new doors for CNAs looking to enter the field.
- Multiculturalism: Newark offers a diverse and eclectic setting that allows CNA professionals to expand their cultural horizons.
- Affordability: The cost of living in Newark is significantly lower than in nearby cities such as New York and Philadelphia, making it a more affordable option for nursing professionals.
- Access to Proficient Support and Assistance: Newark is home to some of the state's most highly rated medical facilities that offer CNA professionals a platform to hone their skills and provide invaluable support.
As you can see, Newark is one of the best cities for CNAs looking for work and a rewarding career. With competitive salaries, flexible schedules, and many job opportunities, Newark is an ideal destination for nursing assistants: CNAs, registered nurses, and licensed practical nurses. And with Nursa, finding PRN shifts that work for you has never been easier.
Find PRN CNA Jobs in Newark through Nursa
Nursa is a leading national firm that can help CNAs find per-diem or PRN jobs in Newark and the Northeast region of New Jersey. Nursa utilizes an innovative platform to match CNAs with reliable positions aligned with their desired salary, hours, and settings. Nursa uses a proprietary algorithm to identify CNAs' selected preferences and then match them to available jobs. This helps ensure CNAs can find secure positions that align with their lifestyle, allowing them to specialize in various settings ranging from nursing homes and hospitals to home health and private duty.
Nursa also provides additional resources to help CNAs with per-diem jobs in Newark. This includes:
- Job Matching Alerts: Nursa provides CNA professionals with job alerts that match their desired criteria.
- Competitive Wages: Nursa provides competitive wages and offers over 80% of jobs at a flat rate.
- Reliable Payment: Nursa offers direct deposit and weekly pay so CNAs can receive dependable service.
- In-Person Orientation: Nursa provides an in-person orientation to ensure CNAs feel comfortable in new facilities and settings.
Plus, Nursa allows CNAs to set their preferences and create customized job alerts to stay current on new PRN job openings.
Get CNA Jobs in Newark and Cities Close
So, for those CNAs ready to find jobs and move to Newark, New Jersey, there are various options. From the Nurse Multiplier program to competitive wages, CNAs can take advantage of all the city and state of New Jersey has to offer by making the move.
For those looking to explore other cities in the area, Newark is close to a variety of attractions, including:
- Jersey City, New Jersey
- Hoboken, New Jersey
- New York City, New York
- Elizabeth, New Jersey
- Hackensack, New Jersey
- Bayonne, New Jersey
- Clifton, New Jersey
- Edison, New Jersey
- Passaic, New Jersey
Could Newark Be the Destination for You?
From its wide range of job options to its diverse and vibrant culture, Newark, New Jersey, offers CNAs much to explore for those considering a move, whether for PRN or long-term jobs. Newark is a great place to start.