High-Paying CNA Jobs in Kansas City
What is a CNA?
A CNA is a Certified Nursing Assistant, a valued member of a patient's entry-level healthcare team, who assists with activities of daily living and other health needs under the supervision of a registered nurse (RN) or licensed practical nurse (LPN).
CNAs are very important for the care team and for the patients, as they perform the most arduous and demanding tasks of individualized care, without forgetting to treat each of their patients with humanity and empathy. Other important qualities in a CNA are physical strength, dexterity, and the ability to consult with the rest of the team. A CNA will have much more contact with patients and families than the rest of the healthcare team and will have important insight to find the best treatment alongside the multidisciplinary team taking care of a patient.
Some of the functions a CNA performs on a typical day include:
- Accommodating patients and transporting them back and forth when necessary.
- Obtaining vital signs on a routine basis, dressing wounds, and changing dressings when necessary.
- Individually caring for each patient and performing daily grooming tasks such as showering, or feeding them - while measuring their food intake if necessary - combing their hair, shaving, or brushing their teeth.
- Clean each patient's personal space before, during, and after their stay, this may include changing bed linens, and cleaning rooms as thoroughly as possible.
In general, the duties of a CNA will vary according to the needs of the space and the requirements of the nursing staff.
How much does a Nursing Assistant in Kansas City, KS make? The average CNA salary in Kansas City, KS is $29,730, or $14.30 an hour, according to the US Bureau of statistics. This salary can vary quite a bit based on the experience and extra certifications a CNA has. Of course, working as a PRN (pro re nata) is the best way to supplement the salary.
How Do I Find CNA Jobs Near Me?
To find CNA jobs near me, the Nursa™ app has the answer: it's as simple as creating your profile, and uploading your certifications, and once approved, you can start working near you by selecting the area you want to work in.
To find jobs in Kansas City, Kansas, as a PRN, working shifts of your choice, and with higher pay, the Nursa™ app is especially useful. A CNA PRN can work any schedule she wants, and accept only the jobs she feels are right for her. The app is a quick way to connect CNAs with the jobs where they are most needed.
In Kansas City, Kansas, there are also a number of excellent hospitals. Some of the most famous include:
- St. Joseph M earned a 5-star rating from CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services), placing it in the top 6% of U.S. hospitals.
- Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City is, according to News and World Report, one of the nation's elite hospitals, recognized for 20 types of care.
- Saint Luke’s community hospital has the oldest adult cardiac transplant program in the region and one of the top 25 cardiology and cardiac surgery programs in the country, in addition to treatments for more complex diseases such as cancer, brain, and spinal problems, etc.
- North Kansas City H has both a Level III neonatal intensive care unit and offers home health care.
- Menorah Medical Center has more than 600 doctors and cares for adults, newborns, children, and adolescents, as well as being part of the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute.
And many other hospitals, providing endless possibilities for professional growth as a CNA.
Background on Kansas City and Things to Do There
and community Hospital has the oldest adult cardiac transplant program in the region and one of the top 25 cardiology and cardiac surgery programs in the country, in addition to treatments for more complex diseases such as cancer. There is known for many things, but one of the most popular things to do inthe area is to spend time outdoors in nature. For example, boating, biking, and enjoying time at a cabin or camping. You can also go for walks in the natural parks, go fishing in large expanses of water, or hunting (with a permit).
There are also many activities to do with the kids and family, such as the Big Wolf Lodge - a water park with eight slides and four different pools), or the Schlitterbahn water park that stretches for over a mile, and there are many famous murals located on the well-known Avenue of Murals, telling the story of the culture and historical background of the city. And of course, if you are interested in knowing more about the history of health you simply can't miss the Clendening Medical History Museum, with a lot of memorabilia dedicated to medicine.