As the saying goes, it's the most wonderful time of the year. With the holiday get-togethers, bright lights, and festive music on the airwaves comes the opportunity to show appreciation for your favorite nurse through gift-giving.
While it's always the thought that counts (a handwritten card and kind gesture can go a long way for an overworked nurse!), Nursa has compiled our favorite gift ideas if you're wondering what to get a nurse for Christmas.
In this blog, we'll share the best Christmas gifts for nurses and other nurse gift ideas so you can spend more time over the holidays with your loved ones than you do shopping for the perfect gift.
Funny Christmas Gifts for Nurses
If you have a sense of humor or are gifting a nurse who does, consider these funny Christmas gifs for nurses:
- "Yes, I'm a nurse. No, I don't want to look at it." This mug is sure to give your favorite nurse a chuckle.
- For the nurse who is looking to be more mindful, you can gift this "Moan and Move On" notepad.
- Know a nurse who's fond of gin or vodka? These personalized prescription mugs will put a smile on their face.
- If wine is the drink of choice for the nurse you're gifting, these red, white, and rose prescription wine labels will be a hoot.
- Star Wars Fan? Take a look at this Yoda Best Nurse mug.
For more fun Christmas gifts for nurses (and some with colorful language that we can't share here!), browse through Etsy.
Practical Christmas Gifts for Nurses
While "Keep Calm, I'm a Nurse" mugs and t-shirts are always fun, if you're a more practical gift giver, you'll want to give a nurse a gift they can use every day on the job. Here are our top picks of the best practical Christmas gifts for nurses that they'll be sure to use year-round:
- Hand sanitizer, especially clip-on ones that can easily attach to bags and purses
- Hand cream
- Compression socks
- Cell phone sanitizer
- Comfortable footwear
- Blue-light blocking glasses
- Stainless steel or travel coffee mugs
- Medical pocket organizer
- Foot massager
- Personalized stethoscope
Christmas Gifts for Your Favorite Nurse
Whether you're shopping for a gift for a nurse who has played an essential role in your health or that of a loved one, or whether the gift is for a friend or family member who happens to be a nurse, we've got you sorted with our gift recommendations for nurses.
Here are some of our favorite Christmas gift ideas for nurses:
Nursing Subscription Boxes
There are subscription boxes for nearly everything these days—including some geared especially toward nurses. These boxes are indeed the gift that keeps on giving.
Remember that subscription boxes will require an address, so you'll need the mailing address of the person you're signing up. In addition, companies charge for ongoing subscriptions (think of it like Netflix), so be sure to review the terms of the agreement when you're gifting someone.
Read this blog post for a detailed breakdown of 10 subscription box options to find the right one for the nurse in your life.
If you're a practical gift giver and are still determining what to get a nurse for Christmas, consider buying a gift certificate to give the recipient the option of selecting their gift. You can always get them gift certificates to places like Starbucks, Target, and Walmart, which will be put to good use. Find out what coffee shops or other places are nearby their work or, better yet, located within the hospital or clinic they work in, so they can quickly get a pick-me-up treat while on the job.
If you're looking to give a gift certificate for nursing-related items, here are a few options: Scrubs and Beyond, Figs, Uniform Advantage, or Mountainside Medical Equipment.
What to Get a Male Nurse for Christmas
If you're gifting a male nurse, they're likely to want and enjoy many of the same gifts as women nurses—scrubs, practical Christmas gifts, and funny gifts too.
Here are some additional ideas for gifting male nurses:
- A bobblehead that looks like them wearing scrubs
- Stickers, mugs, shirts, shot glasses, or whiskey glasses with the phrase "Murse" (a male nurse)
- A deep tissue massager or another massaging device
Final Thoughts on Christmas Gifts for Your Favorite Nurse
Gift-giving can be stressful with the chaos at shopping malls or the panic of buying online and wondering if it will arrive in time amid the holidays. There is no shortage of gift ideas for the nurses in your life, but remember that the thought is truly what counts.
If you're unable to purchase a gift, here are some additional nurse gift ideas:
- Bake homemade treats (especially something healthy and energizing) and drop them off at the nurse's workplace.
- Write a thoughtful card.
- Commit to an act of kindness.
These can be some of the best Christmas gifts for nurses.