Per Diem LVN Jobs in Corpus Christi - PRN Shifts App
Pick up per diem shifts as an LVN in Corpus Christi to earn a higher salary for your work. Nursa is an app enabling LVNs to find the highest-paying jobs nearby.
Cashing in on Per Diem Jobs for LVNs in Corpus Christi
Are you seeking a per diem job as an LVN in Corpus Christi, Texas? If so, you've come to the right place! Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs) are an essential part of the healthcare delivery system in Texas. In this article, we'll discuss what an LVN is, how to become an LVN in Texas, the difference between an RN and an LVN, the average LVN salary in Corpus Christi, how to find PRN LVN jobs near you using an app called Nursa, and why RNs are so crucial to the healthcare field.
What is an LVN?
A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is a healthcare professional who provides basic nursing care to patients.
In Corpus Christi, LVNs work alongside other healthcare professionals, usually in a term nursing model, such as registered nurses (RNs), certified nursing assistants (CNAs), and other allied healthcare professionals.
Read a Guide to the Team Nursing Model
How to Become an LVN in Texas
Becoming an LVN in Texas requires completing an approved nursing program and passing the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN). To be eligible for the NCLEX-PN, applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent, complete an approved nursing program, and pass a criminal background check. Once the NCLEX-PN is passed, applicants must apply for a Texas Board of Nursing license.
What is the Difference Between an RN and an LVN?
The main difference between an RN and an LVN is the scope of practice. LVNs are responsible for basic nursing care, such as monitoring and assessing patient health, administering medications, and providing basic patient care. RNs are responsible for providing more complex care than LVNs, including administering medications, performing diagnostic tests, and providing patient education.
Where Do LVNs Work?
LVNs work in various settings, including hospitals, nursing homes, home health, assisted living, and other healthcare facilities. LVNs may also work in doctor's offices, clinics, and different medical settings.
Example LVN Job Description
1. Provide primary patient care and treatments such as taking vital signs, administering injections, changing dressings, and monitoring catheters.
2. Monitor patient health and record signs and symptoms, such as blood pressure, pulse, and temperature.
3. Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician.
4. Educate patients and their families about health maintenance and disease prevention.
5. Collaborate with other healthcare professionals to plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
6. Assist with diagnostic tests and medical procedures.
7. Provide emotional support and comfort to patients and their families.
8. Maintain patient medical records.
9. Participate in continuing education and professional development activities.
10. Follow safety procedures and infection control guidelines.
What is the Average LVN Salary in Corpus Christi?
The average LVN salary in Corpus Christi is $45,000 per year. Salaries may vary depending on experience, education, and other factors.
How to Find PRN LVN Jobs Near Me?
Finding PRN LVN jobs near you can be done quickly with the help of an app called Nursa. Nursa is a free app that allows you to search for PRN LVN jobs in your area. You can also use the app to apply for jobs, track your progress, and receive notifications when new jobs become available.
An LVN in Texas carries out a variety of duties, including:
1. Monitoring and recording vital signs, such as blood pressure and temperature.
2. Administering medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
3. Assisting patients with daily activities, such as bathing and dressing.
4. Collecting and recording patient medical histories.
5. Educating patients and families on health care topics.
6. Performing diagnostic tests and interpreting results.
7. Assisting in the operating room during surgical procedures.
8. Observing and reporting changes in the patient's condition.
9. Assisting with patient admissions and discharge procedures.
10. Maintaining patient medical records and filing reports.
Living In Corpus Christi
Copi's Christi is a great place to live, with plenty of activities and attractions to explore. There are plenty of beaches to enjoy, such as Padre Island National Seashore, Mustang Island State Park, and North Beach. There are also plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy, such as fishing, kayaking, and bird watching. The city also a happening nightlife with tons of bars, restaurants, and live music venues. There are also plenty of museums, galleries, and other cultural attractions to explore.
It takes a variety of traits to be a successful vocational nurse in Texas. These traits include strong communication skills, empathy, attention to detail, physical stamina, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Additionally, LVNs must be able to think critically and make decisions quickly to provide the best care for their patients. With the right combination of skills and dedication, LVN can positively impact their patients' lives. Due to a lack of healthcare workers, Corpus Christi is just one destination out of many nationwide looking for an experienced LVN.