High-Paying RN Jobs Are Yours for the Taking in Seattle, Washington
Regarding registered nursing (RN) jobs, hospitals and healthcare facilities in and near Seattle offer excellent pay rates for PRN clinic jobs. The national median salary for RNs in 2021 was $77,600 annually or $37.31 hourly. The median salary point means that half of all RNs earned above that amount, while the other half of all RNs earned less than that amount. Keep reading to learn how to become an RN in Washington State, what are PRN RN jobs, how to find PRN RN jobs near you, the benefits of picking up PRN RN jobs, and finally, what it's like to live in Seattle.
When we look at how the national statistics compare to those of Seattle, Washington, you can see why we think jobs for RNs in Seattle are motivating nurses in the surrounding areas (and further afar) to look to the area. The average RN salary in Seattle for 2021 was $99,310 annually and $47.74 hourly.
How to Become an RN in the State of Washington
To take advantage of the opportunity of those high-paying RN jobs in Seattle, you must be licensed to practice in the state of Washington. Currently, the state of Washington is not part of the NLC (although legislation has been introduced as SB 5247). Therefore, to practice as a nurse in Seattle, prospective nurses should complete a state-approved nursing program and follow the steps outlined by the Washington State Board of Nursing here.
If you're already a nurse licensed in another state, you can apply for a Washington nursing license by endorsement by following these steps.
PRN Nursing Jobs - the Staffing Solution that Pays
As a nurse, you know the actual nursing shortage facilities and hospitals face. While the healthcare industry grapples with these shortages and focuses on developing long-term recruitment strategies, partnering with nursing programs to increase the number of nursing students produced every year, and creative and meaningful programs focused on nurse staff retention, the reality remains that these long-term solutions focus on the big picture but don't address the genuine daily challenges of scheduling.
Here is where immediate staffing solutions such as per diem (PRN) nurses enter the picture. PRN nurses are essential to safe patient care and relieving overburdened staff nurses by shoring up nurse-to-patient ratios. PRN nurses work on an as-needed basis, covering shifts that have vacancies.
Find PRN RN Jobs Near You - Here's How
Are you looking to work RN jobs at Seattle hospitals and healthcare facilities? You can pick up RN jobs at local facilities when you download Seattle's favorite healthcare staffing app, Nursa. By using Nursa, you can work PRN RN nursing jobs in a variety of Seattle medical settings by following these simple steps:
- Create your professional profile.
- Verify your nursing license (the app uses Nursys).
- Adjust your filters for RN jobs near you.
- Scroll through PRN shifts available at hospitals and facilities.
- Apply for PRN shifts.
Benefits of Working PRN RN Shifts
When you choose to pick up PRN shifts with Nursa, you're not only helping your fellow staff nurses at those facilities. You're helping yourself as well. Here's a look at the benefits you can enjoy as a PRN clinician.
- Working as a PRN nurse allows you to control your schedule. You alone are responsible for your schedule. Browse available PRN shifts near you, and apply for the ones you want.
- Control over your schedule translates to significant flexibility. You can work around your other life responsibilities when you control your plan. Take advantage of your kid's concerts or games. Save time for your partner and friends. Work PRN shifts as a side hustle, and keep your other job.
- Working PRN shifts as a side hustle means you can stay current in the industry as you pursue other work. Or maintain an income while you take the time to advance your learning and finally go for that APRN license you've been wanting.
- Use PRN shifts to trial run a facility before committing to a staff job. You can experience the atmosphere of the work setting and get a taste of how smoothly the facility runs before committing to a full-time position.
- PRN shifts offer variety. As a PRN clinician, you work as an independent contractor, meaning you can pick up shifts at any hospital or facility posting PRN shifts near you. Variety in your work setting can help with burnout and keep you apart from staff politics.
- PRN shifts typically offer higher hourly rates than staff positions. This means higher hourly pay, which means more money in your bank! Facilities save money when they hire PRN clinicians because they only pay for the shifts worked and don't pay for benefits packages or training programs.
Settle Down in Seattle
Despite its reputation for gray skies and rainy days, Seattle is a fabulous place to call home. The weather does lighten up for the summer months, and residents take advantage with zeal! Mount Rainier National Park, Olympic National Park, and North Cascades National Park are all within a few hours' drive, offering glorious vistas for hikers, wildlife viewing, and so much more. Access to the Pacific Coast translates to the freshest seafood found in markets and is fully represented in the delicious dining scene the city is well-known for.