Find the Best RN Jobs in West Jordan, Utah
West Jordan, Utah, is considered by its inhabitants a safe, quiet, well-maintained city, with good roads and highways, in general, with a good location. West Jordan is a very popular city to work in as a healthcare staff, especially in the nursing field, with many RNs (registered nurses) interested in pursuing their specialties in this friendly city and may also pick up per diem shifts nearby.
Where is West Jordan, Utah?
West Jordan Utah is located on the Salt Lake Valley of northern Utah and is part of the Greater Salt Lake City metropolitan area. It lies to the south of Salt Lake City and west of the Wasatch Mountains. Along the Jordan River, it is surrounded by the cities of South Jordan, Sandy, Draper, Riverton, and Midvale. West Jordan was founded in 1848 by Mormon pioneers who built the LDS Jordan Ward. It is a vibrant city with many attractions, from Melcher’s Hall to Young Living Essential Oils. The AMC West Jordan 12 Theater hosts local and international films, and the Valley Fair Mall and Gardner Village offer world-class shopping. West Jordan is filled with recreational activities, such as the Utah Motorsports Campus, Loveland Living Planet Aquarium, and Mystic Beach Waterpark. With so many activities to choose from, it is no wonder West Jordan is the perfect place to visit and live.
What Are Typical RN Jobs Duties?
A registered nurse's main duties are to look after the health problems and needs of their patients, develop health plans with the rest of the medical team, and update medical records. RNs must take care of patients. In addition, they must also contribute with their communication skills to health prevention and support in the management of each patient's disease, communicating directly with patients and their families.
How to Become a Registered Nurse in Utah?
To become an RN in Utah, they need to complete the undergraduate education program (any RN program in Utah) and pass the NCLEX-RN exam. Once certified and licensed to begin working, there is a good chance of getting a job quickly, as RNs are in high demand at healthcare facilities in West Jordan, Utah. The average RN salary in West Jordan is $72,790 per year, and one way to have more job opportunities, and at much higher pay, is through high-paying nursing specialties, such as:
- Med Surg nursing jobs: Medical-surgical nurse jobs are quite common in the country. They are nurses who are dedicated to preparing patients for surgery and assisting in all aspects of post-operative care. In general, med Surg nurses need a lot of organizational and communication skills, and the wonderful thing about their profession is that it can be practiced in many different settings, not just hospitals.
- Telemetry nurses: Telemetry nurses are in charge of interpreting and reviewing advanced medical equipment used on patients to cure them, take measures, or administer medication. Certainly, their work is vital to ensure that the advanced equipment used in hospitals performs its function to the best of its ability.
- PACU jobs: PACU nurses work in post-anesthesia care units with highly specialized jobs solely to support the patient in the post-anesthesia period, which can sometimes be dangerous, depending on the patient's medical condition.
- NICU nursing specialty: neonatal nurses work in the neonatal intensive care unit caring for the most delicate newborns who need specialized medical equipment to continue living. The NICU nurses have a very important job and are always in the company of the families of the babies.
- CVICU nurses: Cardiovascular intensive care unit nurses are dedicated to caring for patients with vascular or cardiac conditions. Their work is in high demand, as there are many patients with such conditions in West Jordan.
- L&D RN jobs: labor and delivery nurses are nurses who specialize in the birthing process and support all types of patients in labor and delivery. Their work is in high demand due to the large number of births that occur annually in West Jordan.
- Nurse anesthetists: a certified registered nurse anesthetist is in charge of providing specialized support to a patient during the preparation for surgery, caring for the patient during surgery, and assisting in the recovery process after surgery. Given the detailed training they require and their important work during surgery, they are in high demand by different hospital institutions. Because of this, nurse anesthetists have one of the highest salaries among nursing specialties.
- Nurse midwives: nurse midwives are in charge of caring for patients during pregnancy, labor and delivery, and postpartum. Overall, their work is very specialized in both psychological support and containment, as well as in any physical situation that may arise.
What Are PRN Jobs for Registered Nurses?
These are some of the highest-paying RN specialties; however, almost any specialty is in high demand, so chances are high for RNs to get quality jobs with ease. One of the best ways to supplement the salary, regardless of specialty, is through per diem registered nurse jobs in West Jordan, or, in other words, PRN RN jobs in West Jordan. PRN stands for pro re nata, which means working when healthcare facilities need to cover shifts with some urgency, and thanks to this, the hourly wages are higher, plus RNs can choose their schedules because they decide which shifts they want to take.
RNs who work in West Jordan work alongside other healthcare professionals, including licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and certified nursing assistants (CNAs).
How to Find PRN RN Jobs Near Me?
The best way to find PRN RN jobs in West Jordan is through the Nursa application, which makes it easy for RNs to always have on hand the availability of shifts from every hospital and healthcare facility in a given region, which RNs can choose from a map. The application is simple to use and only requires RNs to upload their credentials and be approved to start searching.