Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
The Trauma Nursing Core Course was created by the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) and is designed to prepare you to respond to urgent circumstances to utilize your knowledge, critical thinking skills and apply them practically under pressure.
What Will You Learn in the Trauma Nursing Core Course?
According to the ENA, this course will teach you evidence-based interventions for improving patient outcomes by teaching:
- The latest trauma nursing practice recommendations
- Systematic assessment and application of care
- Rapid identification of life-threatening injuries
What Methods of Learning Can You Expect?
The course is a blended delivery including:
- Coursebook - the TNCC Trauma Nursing Core Course Provider Manual contains 24 chapters written and compiled by experts in the trauma emergency industry.
- Learning modules online - the modules are provided prior to the classroom portion of the course. You can work through them at your own pace giving you the flexibility to give focused attention to them when you're not working.
- Live simulations - Individual and team scenarios allow you to apply what you've learned.
- Classroom discussions led by an instructor
- Skill stations - A controlled environment is provided to practice your assessment and intervention skills.
There is also a student workbook and study guide available for purchase at the ENA shop.
Who Teaches the Trauma Nursing Core Course?
This course is taught by emergency nurses who bring their extensive experience, critical thinking skills, and competence to the classroom.
How Long is the Trauma Nursing Core Course?
The in-person component of the TNCC is a full day and a half. The individual and online learning components of the TNCC can be completed at your own pace. Schedule it around your work and personal commitments to devote the attention and energy it deserves so that you maximize its potential and attend the in-person component prepared and ready to apply your learning.
Trauma Nursing Core Course Verification and More
Upon successful completion of the TNCC, you'll earn a verification that is valid for four years. The TNCC verification is internationally recognized and will increase your own confidence in your skillset and be a valuable asset to your professional portfolio with Nursa.
Moreover, you will earn 18.3 CNE contact hours.
Where is the Trauma Nursing Core Course Nearest You?
Find TNCC locations by visiting this ENA link. You can browse by state and date.
Who is the Trauma Nursing Core Course For?
Registered nurses who possess an unrestricted license can receive course verification for the TNCC. Licensed practical nurses can attend most components of the course, with exception to the written evaluations and the psychomotor evaluations. This restriction prevents LPNs from being awarded the course verification, however, the other components of the course will award LPNs with contact hours.
Nursa has hundreds of PRN shifts and job postings for clinicians who specialize or have an interest in trauma care. Emergency departments of hospitals near you use Nursa to find qualified and skilled medical professionals to fill their shift vacancies and employment gaps. Once you have your TNCC verification, be sure you upload it to your digital portfolio on our platform to give you the competitive edge for PRN shifts in emergency response. Be sure to learn about nursing compliance documents here.