Your Guide to PRN CNA Jobs in Midwest City, Oklahoma
Midwest City, Oklahoma, is a lively city with a population of 54,371, making it the fifth largest city in the Oklahoma City metropolitan area. It's a great place to work as a Per Diem (PRN) CNA and take advantage of its ample job opportunities.
The Perks of Being A PRN CNA
Midwest City is great for CNAs looking to live an exciting and vibrant city life while still enjoying a solid career. Per diem shifts are plentiful, with excellent earning potential. Working in Midwest City gives you access to so much more than just excellent pay. Here are some of the perks of being a CNA Per Diem in Midwest City:
- Varied schedule: A big perk of doing per diem shifts as a CNA in Midwest City is setting your hours and choosing between full or part-time schedules. Per Diem shifts allow you to choose shifts that work best with your lifestyle.
- Access to flexible scheduling: Because of its extensive network of hospitals and medical facilities, Midwest City is an ideal place for CNAs to schedule a variety of shifts as per diem RNs. CNAs can choose to work in a hospital, medical clinic, long-term care facility, and more.
- Access to various cities: With Midwest City being close to numerous cities around the Midwest, you can easily travel and take available shifts in those markets via Nursa.
One of the main draws for CNA Per Diem workers in Midwest City is the earning potential. Thanks to Midwestern City's booming healthcare industry, the city has a median income for CNAs of $13.90/hr, with the top 10% of earners bringing in up to $17.40/hr.
Job Opportunities for CNAs with Nursa
Midwest City is full of job opportunities for CNAs thanks to the city's thriving healthcare industry. As one of the larger cities of the Oklahoma City metropolitan area, Midwest City has more job opportunities for CNAs than many other cities. Midwest City CNAs can access numerous local hospitals, medical centers, and long-term care facilities through their per diem shifts on Nursa.
Why Do CNAs Love Living And Working in this City?
Midwest City offers plenty of CNA Per Diem job opportunities and attractive pay. But that's just the tip of the iceberg. CNAs in Midwest City get to enjoy so much more than just fantastic job opportunities and excellent pay rates! Here are some of our CNA's favorite parts of living and working in Midwest City:
- Affordable cost of living: Midwest City, Oklahoma, boasts some of the most affordable living costs. The cost of living index in Midwest City is 14.7% lower than the Oklahoma average, making it an attractive location for cost-conscious CNAs looking to make the most out of their income.
- Proactive Community: Midwest City is an incredibly proactive community that looks out for its CNAs.
- Thriving healthcare industry: Midwest City's booming healthcare industry constantly expands and creates more job opportunities for CNAs.
With so many fantastic opportunities, nursing professionals can rest assured that they'll have a great time in this city.
What Are Some Nearby Cities for Per Diem CNAs?
Many cities that surround Midwest City have high-paying jobs for PRN CNAs to find jobs. Some of these cities include:
- Oklahoma City: Oklahoma City is an economic powerhouse of the South and home to numerous attractions, including the Oklahoma City Zoo, Bricktown district, National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, and Myriad Botanical Gardens.
- Tulsa: Tulsa, Oklahoma, is located just 45 minutes northwest of Midwest City and is the second-largest city in the state. It offers a vibrant arts and music scene and has numerous attractions, including the Tulsa Zoo, Philbrook Museum, Woodward Park, and more.
- Fort Smith: Located three hours north of Oklahoma City, Fort Smith, Arkansas, is great for CNAs looking to explore a smaller city with plenty of charm.
- Dallas: Dallas, Texas, is a four-hour drive from Midwest City and an excellent destination for CNAs seeking more job opportunities. It has a thriving performing arts scene and numerous attractions, including the Dallas World Aquarium, Klyde Warren Park, Dallas Museum of Art, and Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden.
- Wichita: Wichita, Kansas, is a three-hour drive from Midwest City and offers plenty of entertainment and cultural attractions. CNAs looking for attractions in Wichita can easily find them at the Museum of World Treasures, Old Cowtown Museum, Sedgwick County Zoo, and more.