Find High-Paying Travel & PRN CNA Jobs Near You
Want to earn the highest pay rates in the industry while working as a nursing assistant in Green Bay, Wisconsin? Learn more about Green Bay and how Nursa connects you to high-paying PRN jobs in the healthcare field.
Overview of Green Bay, Wisconsin
Green Bay, Wisconsin, is a city known for having a bay with slightly greenish-colored water. It was initially seen by Jean Nicolet, a French explorer who named it after this water coloration. Green Bay is known for its primary paper industry and other famous, high-quality manufacturing factories. Furthermore, it is known for its national football team, the Green Bay Packers. It is also home to the well-known University of Wisconsin. Finally, it is home to a national preserve, history museums, children's museums, zoo, botanical gardens, and many other attractions for the whole family and residents to enjoy.
Green Bay is known for its excellent quality healthcare systems and providers, such as Bellin Health and Prevea Health, or the hospitals of Aurora BayCare Medical Center and St. Mary's Hospital Medical Center. Additionally, healthcare workers need to note that there is much-specialized work for psychiatry and rehabilitation, with Green Bay having two renowned psychiatric hospitals.
What is a CNA?
A certified nursing assistant (CNA) is an assistant and support for registered nurses and medical staff. They respond directly to nurses and support them in the functions they perform. They are dedicated to working with patients directly in various settings, from general and specialty hospitals, rehabilitation centers, psychiatric centers, nursing homes, pediatric centers, patients' homes, or any health care facility. They are considered entry-level healthcare team members for patients, and their care is critical, as they have first-hand knowledge of patients, their behaviors, and their general health status. CNAs can notice essential changes in a patient's mental, physical, or psychological state through a bond they create with them, so their insight into diagnosis and treatment together with the healthcare staff and the multidisciplinary team becomes tremendously essential.
Some of the tasks that CNAs perform daily include:
- Respond to patient calls when patients need support.
- Assist patients with their daily routines, whether it be supporting them with dressing, grooming or bathing, toileting, assistance with eating, combing hair, or any activity of daily routine in which they might need help.
- Move patients in their beds or from one side of the hospital to the other, assisting with their mobility to avoid sores or bruises.
- Change bed linens, reach items to patients, provide water when needed, etc.
- Note and report all relevant changes to the health care personnel in charge, usually registered nurses.
The responsibilities of the CNAs are, without a doubt, of vital importance to ensure the safety of patients in the hospital. Moreover, their good care ensures that the quality of hospital care is guaranteed.
Average CNA Salary in Green Bay
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary for CNAs in Green Bay, Wisconsin, is $33,520 per year. The demand for CNAs in Green Bay is very high, especially with a specialty. Likewise, hourly wages increase considerably when accessing different specialties. Some additional certifications available to CNAs include:
- TechMed certification, which is a certification to administer medication to patients, primarily. His other responsibilities include collecting specimens and monitoring patients.
- Long-term care CNAs work providing care to patients in a long-term care setting, where certification is recommended. Long-term care certification may also include training in communication for special care settings, such as psychiatric-like settings and assisted living.
- For psychiatric nursing assistant certification, CNAs will work alongside psychiatric specialists to provide care and make observations according to standardized psychiatric scales.
Travel CNA Jobs in Green Bay
Green Bay has ample travel nursing jobs so that CNAs can find work very quickly, either for local travel nursing within the state of Wisconsin itself or for non-local CNAs.
Travel nursing jobs are a way to maintain variety and increase wages for CNAs through time-limited jobs performed when there is a greater demand at a hospital in Green Bay. Another way to supplement CNA salaries is through PRN jobs. PRN shifts are also temporary jobs, but shift schedules can be chosen, making them excellent extra jobs, although PRN CNA jobs in Green Bay can also be full-time jobs.
How to Find CNA Jobs Near Me?
The best way to find jobs is through the Nursa app, which connects the shifts that medical facilities make available with healthcare staff users, such as CNAs, so they can discover per diem CNA jobs (which are the same as PRN CNA jobs), and local travel CNA jobs.