Your Guide to Per Diem LPN Jobs in Lawton, OK
Nestled in the heart of southwestern Oklahoma, the city of Lawton is surrounded by natural beauty and rich history. With a population of over 96,000, Lawton is the fifth largest city in Oklahoma and home to Fort Sill, a United States Army installation. However, Lawton is one of many gemstones in this part of the state. Several neighboring cities are worth exploring. LPNs in Lawton might also find jobs in the surrounding area:
- Duncan: Located just 45 minutes east of Lawton, Duncan is a small but vibrant city with a population of 22,000. It boasts a charming downtown area, a rich oil history, and several outdoor recreational opportunities.
- Wichita Falls: Sitting at the northeast corner of Texas, just 50 miles south of Lawton, Wichita Falls is a bustling city. It is home to Sheppard Air Force Base.
- Altus: Situated 68 miles southwest of Lawton, Altus is a small yet charming city with a population of 19,000. It is home to Altus Air Force Base and offers a friendly small-town atmosphere.
What Is the Average Salary for an LPN in Lawton?
The average annual pay for LPNs in Oklahoma is $50,090. However, the exact payment for an LPN in Lawton may vary based on experience, education, and work setting. LPNs working in hospitals or private clinics generally earn higher wages than those working in long-term care facilities or home health settings.
Which Settings Are Common for LPNs to Work in?
LPNs in Lawton, Oklahoma, have a variety of options when it comes to work settings. Some standard settings for LPNs to work in include:
- Hospitals: LPNs assist with patient care, medication administration, and other basic nursing tasks.
- Long-Term Care Facilities: LPNs in long-term care facilities care for patients who require ongoing medical assistance. This includes assisted living facilities, nursing homes, and rehabilitation centers.
- Home Health: LPNs in home health work with patients in their own homes, providing them with medical care and assistance with daily tasks. This is a growing field, especially in rural areas like Lawton.
- Private Clinics: Private clinics may specialize in a specific type of care, such as pediatrics or women's health.
Things to Do in Lawton
There are many outdoor activities to do in Lawton, for example:
- Hiking: The Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge, just 10 miles northwest of Lawton, offers over 15 miles of trails for hiking enthusiasts to explore. The views from the top of Mount Scott are to be noticed.
- Camping: The Lake Lawtonka area offers several campgrounds for those looking to escape into nature for a weekend. You can choose from primitive or RV-friendly sites and enjoy fishing, boating, and hiking during your stay.
- Wildlife Viewing: The Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge is home to many animals, including bison, elk, deer, and prairie dogs. You can also spot many different bird species.
- Fishing: Lawton has several lakes, including Lake Lawtonka and Lake Ellsworth, which offer excellent fishing opportunities. You can catch various fish, including bass, crappie, and catfish.
- Birdwatching: The Hackberry Flat Center, located just 20 miles south of Lawton, is a birdwatcher's paradise. This wetland conservation area is home to over 250 species of birds, making it a must-visit for any nature lover.
For nature lovers, Lawton could be paradise! Naturally, there are many other activities to do in Lawton.
What should I expect on my first PRN LPN shift?
Moving to a new city and starting a new nursing job can be overwhelming, especially for PRN nursing professionals. However, your first per diem shift in Lawton can be a smooth and successful experience if you are adequately prepared. Here are some tips to help you ace your first shift in Lawton:
- Connect with your colleagues: Getting to know your colleagues is crucial for your job and building a support system in your new town. Take the time to introduce yourself and get to know your co-workers.
- Be open to learning: Every workplace has its unique culture, and adjusting to working in a new environment may take some adjusting. Be open to learning from your colleagues and supervisors; don't be afraid to ask questions.
- Take care of yourself: As a PRN nursing professional, you might work long, demanding shifts. In this case, ensure you get enough rest, eat well, and take breaks when needed.
Lawton nurses have a great time, especially when earning high hourly wages, which tends to be the case when you are a PRN LPN.
How Can Nursa Help You Find PRN LPN Jobs?
As a licensed practical nurse (LPN) looking for flexible work opportunities in Lawton, Nursa can help. Nursa connects healthcare facilities with professionals seeking PRN (per diem) positions.
In conclusion, Lawton, Oklahoma, and its neighboring cities offer a variety of opportunities for LPNs, from stunning natural landscapes to thriving healthcare settings. With the help of Nursa, you can easily find PRN LPN jobs in Lawton and positively impact the healthcare community. So, what are you waiting for? Start browsing for your next PRN job today!