Reno, Nevada: A Great Place for High-Paying PRN CNA Jobs
Reno, Nevada, and Las Vegas, Nevada, are cities both famous for their gambling, casinos, and bright lights. Reno is well known for having many tourist attractions besides these and for being a city that never sleeps, which is also true for healthcare personnel, given that health work never stops in Reno. Therefore, CNAs (certified nursing assistants) have a lot of work and many shifts to cover constantly at different healthcare facilities. Keep reading to learn more about finding CNA jobs in Reno.
The work of the CNAs includes supporting the nurses in their day-to-day work in a close and direct way with the patient. Their work will usually involve supporting the patient's daily routine, such as assisting with daily grooming, showering, bathing, combing hair, dressing, eating, and so on. They will also seek to support the patient's treatment closely, make sure the patient is comfortable, answer questions, attend closely and answer questions to family members and patients, and report and respond to the registered nurses in all matters related to each patient's treatment. Overall, they will be involved as much as possible with each patient's individualized treatment.
Where Do CNAs Work?
CNAs work in all healthcare settings. For example, they can work in the following environments:
- Long-term care. In nursing homes, CNAs are essential for the proper functioning and safety of the elderly, as the daily routine must be maintained as part of the care process, as well as good nutrition and hydration.
- Rehabilitation centers. Short, long, and medium-term rehabilitation centers need CNAs that can get used to each patient's routine and the pace that each patient needs to help them recover from their disease, whether it is heart disease, surgery, etc.
- Hospitals. In hospitals, CNAs always find plenty of job offers, as it is one of the places that most require experienced CNAs to support each patient's treatment.
- Home healthcare setting. The pace of work in patients' homes is usually much more relaxed than in a formal setting such as a hospital or other healthcare facility. The assistance provided by the CNAs in home health requires a lot of flexibility within the job since, in addition to helping with the patient's daily care, they will find that they have to help with cleaning and cooking on many occasions.
- Assisted living facilities. Any hospital or facility that provides long-term care for patients needs CNAs that can care for patients who will need them for a long time. Furthermore, CNAs need to be detail-oriented to learn what works best for each patient and use all their empathy and joy to help improve their quality of life.
There are many healthcare facilities in urgent need of CNAs in Reno, Nevada, and wherever CNAs choose to work, they will always find high demand because of the unique characteristics of their work.
What's the Average CNA Salary in Reno?
The annual mean wage for nursing assistants in Reno, Nevada, is considered one of the highest in the country, at $35,820, or $17.22 per hour. Since the cost of living in Reno is similar to the rest of the country, the higher wage supports a more comfortable lifestyle for CNAs in both Reno and Las Vegas. An excellent way for CNAs to supplement their salary is to get PRN CNA Jobs in Reno through the Nursa app, which allows CNAs to connect directly with employers offering jobs.
How to Find Local Travel or PRN CNA Jobs Near Me
Per diem certified nursing assistant jobs (per diem means the same as PRN) are easy to get through the app. CNAs need to create an account on Nursa after downloading the app, upload their certifications, and, once approved, start looking for jobs in their area.
Additionally, it is possible to work full-time as a PRN CNA, and many nurses choose to do this since PRN jobs pay better, and the schedules with this CNA jobs app are at each nurse's discretion. To work full-time as a PRN nursing assistant, CNAs must be very organized so that when they complete a job at a healthcare facility, they can already have contracts to start another job. Finally, they have the advantage of new experiences and have much more flexibility to get to know new spaces and places quickly and easily.
This PRN CNA staffing app also allows CNAs to search by the areas closest to each and helps connect CNAs to local travel jobs. Working as a local travel assistant is possible for CNAs who wish to stay close to their homes or cities.