Per Diem LPNs Needed In Gilbert, Arizona
Want to make good money as a nurse? You might want to consider becoming an LPN in Gilbert, Arizona. Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) provide essential services to the population of patients and people in need of healthcare services. LPNs in Gilbert have access to a wide range of activities and amenities. Keep reading to find out how to become an LPN in Arizona, the responsibilities and duties of an LPN, the salary an LPN can expect to earn in Gilbert, Arizona, and some fun things to do in the city.
What Is An LPN?
An LPN is a licensed healthcare professional who helps provide basic medical care to patients. Working under the supervision of a registered nurse (RN) or a physician, LPNs provide everyday medical care to patients, including administering medications, taking vital signs, and providing bedside care. They also help educate patients and their families about health issues, medical procedures, and treatments. LPNs often work alongside other nursing professionals, such as certified nursing assistants (CNAs).
Responsibilities and Typical Job Duties of An LPN
LPNs have a wide range of responsibilities and duties, all of which are essential to providing quality patient care:
1. Assisting physicians and registered nurses with patient care.
2. Administering medications and injections.
3. Taking vital signs, such as temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure.
4. Monitoring and recording patient progress.
5. Providing basic patient care, such as bathing, dressing, and grooming.
6. Helping patients with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as eating and toileting.
7. Providing emotional support and reassurance to patients and their families.
8. Educating patients and their families about their conditions and treatments.
What Are Arizona’s Requirements To Become An LPN?
In order to become an LPN in the state of Arizona, you must meet the following requirements:
1. Complete an accredited practical nursing program.
2. Pass the NCLEX-PN examination.
3. Obtain a license from the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
What Is The Average Salary For An LPN In Gilbert, Arizona?
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary for an LPN in Gilbert, Arizona, is $48,910 per year. This is slightly above the state average of about $46K. LPNs who work PRN make a higher wage than average.
Places to Go and Things to Do in Gilbert, Arizona
Gilbert is a vibrant city with plenty of activities and amenities for everyone. From outdoor activities to museums and art galleries, there is something for everyone in Gilbert. Here are some fun things to do in Gilbert.
• Hike or bike the trails at the Gilbert Riparian Preserve.
• Visit the Gilbert Historical Museum.
• Explore the Arizona Museum of Natural History.
• Take a stroll around Water Tower Plaza.
• Catch a show at the Hale Centre Theatre.
• Enjoy some local cuisine at San Tan Brewing Company.
The weather in Gilbert is sunny and mild throughout the year.
What Is PRN In Working Terms?
PRN is an acronym that stands for “as needed” or “when necessary.” It is routinely used to describe a type of work you agree on in which an employee is called in to work only when they are needed. The gig economy is becoming popular among healthcare professionals, such as LPNs, who may be called into work during times of high patient demand or other reasons a facility hasn't got sufficient staffing.
Nursa App: What It’s About?
Nursa is an app that helps nurses find PRN (per diem) jobs. It uses technology to match nurses with employers and gives nurses the ability to find, apply for, and manage their PRN jobs from their mobile devices. Nursa’s platform allows nurses to easily search for PRN jobs in their area, view job postings, and apply for positions without having to leave the app. Nursa also helps nurses manage their PRN jobs by providing a calendar where they can keep track of their shifts and send notifications when their shifts are coming up. Nursa helps nurses find PRN jobs faster, saving them time and effort when finding and managing their PRN jobs.
What Towns Are Close to Gilbert for LPN Jobs?
Gilbert, Arizona, is very close to Phoenix, which alone makes it a popular destination for people coming there to live or to work. Additionally, other small towns LPNs might be interested in jobs in that are close to Gilbert, including Chandler, Mesa, Tempe, Apache Junction, and Scottsdale.
Want to Find Per Diem LPN Jobs Near You?
Picking up PRN shifts in Gilbert is an excellent path to help advance your nursing career. With plenty of opportunities, a favorable climate, and working PRN shifts gives you the ability to work when it’s convenient for you. Pack your necessities, and don't forget your scrubs. Gilbert needs you! Make more money as a nurse today with per diem jobs near you.