Make More Money with PRN RN Jobs in Orem, Utah
- Organize patient care plans and a multidisciplinary team that includes other health care professionals.
- Administer medications to patients according to the plan determined by the medical team.
- Observe patients and write down any observations that may influence their therapy.
- Teach patients and their families how to manage their medical situation so that they can actively be in charge of their illnesses.
- Organize the rest of the nursing staff, whether CNAs (certified nurse assistants) or LPNs (licensed practical nurses) and ensure that their work is high-quality.
- Monitor medical and electronic equipment that supports the improvement of their patients.
The roles of registered nurses vary significantly from one setting to another when they must take over a specialty. RN jobs in Orem will have different roles depending on the facility. RNs must study and get the relevant qualifications to work in a specialty at Orem. These specializations are varied. For example, addiction nurses care for patients with an addiction, where the nurses’ role is to help the patient through a challenging period. There are also rehabilitation nurses in charge of patients with chronic conditions who will take a long time to get better. There are also public health nurses who actively promote health prevention for patients within the community. Nevertheless, three nursing specialties that are in high demand in Orem, Utah, are NICU, CVICU, and PACU:
- NICU jobs: nurses who work in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) are in charge of tiny babies who need special care because they were born prematurely or have had complications after birth. It also includes babies with congenital or acquired diseases during birth, requiring special intensive care only the NICU can provide. NICU nurses are responsible for providing specialized care for these babies. In Utah, many programs encourage elderly centers to carry premature babies, which requires technical nursing supervision and has excellent benefits for babies and the elderly.
- CVICU jobs: CVICU nurses work with patients with cardiovascular disease and heart problems. Good CVICU nurses are in high demand in Orem, Utah, mainly due to the high number of patients with cardiovascular disease. The patients in the CVICU are highly delicate patients who need constant monitoring by the nurses, as their condition can quickly become critical. Utah is a state that has and requires many specialty nurses in this area.
- PACU jobs: PACU (or post-anesthesia care unit) nurses are highly specialized to care for patients who have just come out of surgery and are recovering from anesthesia. It is estimated that about 40 million people in the United States undergo surgery yearly. A nurse specializing in monitoring vital signs while assisting in recovery from anesthesia is critical, as waking up from anesthesia can have different effects on different patients. Orem, Utah, has a high demand for post-surgical care registered nurses.
The roles of registered nurse specialists are many and vary according to the specialty. The good thing about having a specialty is that getting jobs is more accessible, and the pay is higher. To get all these nursing jobs close to where they live, there are many options for nurses, but perhaps the best option to get good, well-paying jobs in the best healthcare facilities in Utah is through an on-demand nurse staffing app like Nursa and PRN shifts (pro re nata shifts).
PRN RN Jobs in Orem: How to Find RN Jobs Near me?
To work PRN shifts, nurses must understand their advantages. For starters, PRN shifts have higher pay in most hospitals and healthcare facilities, as employers need to cover shifts on an emergency basis without having to use a healthcare staffing agency or pay benefits to nurses, so the money available to cover these jobs is more significant. A considerable advantage of PRN shifts that do not exist in other types of jobs is that nurses do not have to accommodate the shifts that the hospital dictates, including constantly losing sleep or missing family gatherings because they have to work on weekends. Through their favorite healthcare staffing app, nurses can choose their work schedules and accommodate their schedules as they see fit. All they need to do is upload their credentials to the application and start looking for jobs regularly to supplement their salaries and, at the same time, feel freer in both time and money.
The jobs that Orem, Utah nurses do every day will change the lives of patients and their families. In specialties such as NICU, CVIUC, or PACU nurses, they can see with tenderness how their care pays off and supports the well-being of their community.