Looking For CNA Jobs In Tulsa, Oklahoma? You've Found Your Home
The impact of COVID-19 left on the community in Tulsa has raised attention to the long-standing workforce issues that affect the work quality in nursing facilities. Nursing shortages and high turnover rates have existed for decades, but the pandemic shined a light on these issues affecting the community and its patients.
Studies have shown that 28% of nursing facilities reported staffing shortages. Beginning in early 2022, the number of COVID-19 cases decreased, and the rise of higher wages began. Healthcare facilities were more likely to report a shortage of nursing aids rather than clinical staff.
With these shortages and an increase in wages, now is a great time to find CNA jobs in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
What Is A CNA?
A CNA (certified nursing assistant) is an important position in the healthcare industry. CNAs are responsible for providing basic care to their patients and require a lot of strength for physical tasks. If you're a compassionate person and want the opportunity to develop personal relationships and leave an impact on patients' lives, then becoming a CNA is the route to go. Becoming a CNA is an important step and a great start to getting involved in the healthcare work field. What does a CNA do? The many duties of a CNA can include:
- Answering patient calls
- Gathering medical supplies
- Stocking supplies
- Feeding patients
- Checking vital signs
- Assisting with medical procedures
- Cleaning rooms
CNAs are also required to work with medical technology. Billing software, health information software, and medical record charting software are some of the technology nursing assistants will use on a routine basis.
Of course, all facilities have different and unique requirements and responsibilities for their CNAs. CNAs perform these tasks to ensure patients are well cared for and safe during their stay.
What Is Life Like Working As A CNA in Tulsa?
What is the average CNA salary in Tulsa? Yearly salaries range between $20k to $39k. The state of Oklahoma is a great place to work as a certified nursing assistant. Many are satisfied with their experiences working in the healthcare industry here in Tulsa, Oklahoma. If you're a first-time visitor or a resident, there are things to find and explore about Tulsa. Here are a few places you can visit if you want to work in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Places to Visit in Tulsa
- Philbrook Museum of Art is a vast art museum with expansive formal gardens housed in an Italian-style villa. This museum features art from worldwide, spanning various artistic mediums and styles. With over 16,000 visitors annually, the Philbrook Museum of Art sets a shining example of Tulsa's bright future.
- Gilcrease Museum is one of the world's largest Native American artifacts and artwork collections. The museum sets out to represent hundreds of Indigenous cultures from North and South America. Their collection includes more than 350 years of American sculptures, paintings, and literature.
- Tulsa Zoo is located on 85 acres of land in Mohawk Park in Tulsa. Tulsa Zoo has worked with its community for nearly a century to create a family-friendly environment, recreation, natural sciences, and wildlife conservation. Labeled one of the top three exhibits in the U.S., it is worth a visit if you want to view and experience the beautiful wildlife at the zoo.
- Tulsa Botanic Garden comprises 170 acres of land filled with beautiful plants and flowers. This place is an all-season experience, promoting the beauty and importance of plants. Tulsa Botanic Garden is a great place to visit if you're looking to take a peaceful walk through the stunning greenery and exotic plants. With events planned for every season, you won't want to miss out on this location.
On-Demand Nursing Jobs App
You may wonder, how do I get a CNA job near me? Look no further than Nursa. Nursa is an online, on-demand healthcare staffing app that allows you to verify your license and find jobs quickly with the touch of a button. Whether you want to find jobs close to home or travel out of state, Nursa can help connect you to high-paying CNA jobs near you. Take control of your schedule, and skip through the hasty hire-on process. With Nursa, you can gain new experiences and expand your career. Nursa is one of the best healthcare staffing apps out there to help you find new job opportunities. Download Nursa and verify your license today.